Thursday, September 26, 2013

Images of Paris

I just wanted to share with you some of the images of Paris I'm still carrying around in my head. It is truly a beautiful city that stays with you once you have been there. 


One of many ornate doorknobs that abound throughout the city.


Batobus on the Seine. ( I know some of you are starting to sing the song.)


Unbelievable grillwork on every building. It is as if they are dressing up for something special. Also notice the numerous chimneys. Each fireplace has its own so this sight is commonplace. 


Gardens and parks. This one was located right next to Notre Dame. 


Not in Paris but on a wall at Versailles. 


Also at Versailles in one of the gardens. 


Seen near Hotel de Ville (city hall) in the town of Versailles. As you would expect, fleur de lis are in abundance throughout the country. 


At Musee d'Orsay. Public statues are common throughout the city. 

We're leaving soon for another day in the country, visiting yet another charming little village. Will post later about my day. My cup runneth over...

No comments:

Post a Comment