Friday, September 27, 2013

The train


I don't want to go any further without sharing my train experience. It was amazing. I took a cab to the train station, in plenty of time, as you can imagine! Once I was sure of the end location, I was in good shape. I just had to people watch, always a good thing, while I watched the board for my track. 


Even though I can't read French, it was easy enough to figure out. I could even tell the difference between the local and the TGV, which I was taking. Lucky for me it was all on the same level. I didn't have to schlep my suitcase up or down stairs or on an escalator. Ay de mi!





Don't know if you can see it but Avignon, my destination, was listed and the lovely man in the orange vest assured me I was getting on the correct train, as did the official person who checked my ticket at the door. 


Not a great picture but I took this from my seat, on the right. You can see my purse on the seat. It was a single seat and most comfortable. All I had to do was sit back and watch the scenery go by. 


It is their high speed line and the ride is as smooth as can be. It took about 2 hours and 45 minutes. Elaine told me to drive that distance would be over 7 hours. It was so interesting to see the change from city to lots of country with occasional sightings of little villages as Provence got closer and closer. 

Our dad never met a train he didn't like and he surely would have loved this ride. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I wasn't able to post last night. I'm so glad you're having a good time and looks like good weather. Look forward to your blogs every day!

    Love, Carol B.

    ReplyDelete